- What does connection mean to you?
- Who or what are you connected to?
- Is the connection negative or positive?
Searching on line for dictionary meanings I found the following:
- The act or state of connecting
- The state of being connected
- Anything that connects (part, link or bond)
- Association or relationship
- Circle of friends or associates
Throughout our lives we connect with many people and many things, connecting can be a positive or negative experience depending on what having that connection brings with it.
As an emotional health and relationship consultant www.wendyfry.com I’ve worked with many people that are still connected to the past. Having that connection limits them, either because they don’t know how to move on, may not want to or there may be an underlying fear somewhere that stops them.
Take a moment to consider who or what from that past you are still connected to that hurts you in some way….
It could be that you no longer see the person that you are connected to though have memories, thoughts and feelings of that connection left over that are weighing you down.
- Is your connection based on hurt, disappointment, frustration, unrequited love, regret, guilt, anger, sadness, loss?
- Who suffers as a result of holding on to the feelings connected with the past?
- What would it be like for you to be free from the emotional connection that hurts you?
- How would your life change if you could move on from this and make new and more positive connections?
Reflect on what emotions thoughts and feelings still play out for you every day that stem from unresolved problems from the past.
- What happens if you keep hold of these thoughts, feelings and emotions?
- How does it affect you physically, emotionally and mentally?
- How does having these connections limit you?
- What patterns in relationships can you see that are unresolved hurts from the past?
Unless we do the inner work and transform the old connections to that which serves us better, we are going to get less of what we want and more of what we don’t want.
Make a decision today to explore you past, what are you connected to that doesn’t serve you?
- Love lost
We connect to many things outside of ourselves for many reasons. Find YOU, Find LOVE will help you to explore what you are holding onto and why http://goo.gl/crnvoZ
My friendly and interactive workshops http://goo.gl/lyzMFh will guide you to work towards connecting back with yourself so that you understand regardless of your past and what has happened it’s time to move on and make new connections that make the rest of your life, the best of your life. You’ve got nothing to loose except the pain.