As we step into February the month for love and with Valentine’s Day fast approaching. Many of you might be wondering….Can any body find me somebody to love?
Oh, yes! All things love, Saint Valentine deserves a mention. You can read more about the historical aspects of Saint Valentine and the significance of 14th February being a special day here though as nearly everyone gets on the band wagon buying roses, champagne and chocolates for their nearest and dearest supermarkets, florists, fragrance houses and chocolatiers cash in on The Day of Love.
Always one to be a little bit different and stepping away from the norm, I say ‘let every day be a day for love’.
If you’re with me on that, shout out ‘I’m in’!…now even louder…’I’m in’!
On the subject of love, my argument here, simply because I love a good old debate, is why wait for others to validate you in the love department and have to wait a whole year for the privilege.
Don’t get me wrong, It’s always lovely to receive love tokens, knights in shining armour delivering the finest milk chocolate, bed strewn with red rose petals and a luxury bubble bath with a chilled bottle of Moet on the side, but what if Saint Valentine is still on his white charger trying to find you it’s a case of Love Don’t Live Here Any More
Be your own Saint Valentine every day!
Essential ingredients for daily love (repeat daily 365 days a year)
- Wake up, stretch, yawn, have a little wriggle and say ‘today’s the day for love’
- Get up, put your favourite music on, (these can be your favourite love tracks) or any kind of music that makes you want to groove and shake your booty (we can start a love train)
- While showering, imagine you’re standing under a beautiful rainbow which not only cleanses away yesterdays residue, imagine the rainbow water is also showering you with love (singing in the shower optional, if you decide to dance too, please use hand rails) Here’s one of my faves to get you in the mood. Singing tracks like this to yourself might feel a bit odd though once you get used to you will find yourself singing all kinds of wonderful things.
- After towelling dry, dress in your best, after all you’re spending the day with wonderful you.
- Next…set your intention and affirm the day will bring you experiences to love and appreciate (even if those things are lessons, they will help you grow)
- Think about how you love your insides and be sure to nurture your body with healthful foods which energise you and support your health and well-being
- Choose how you spend your thinking time, turning your thoughts to love as often as possible (example)
- As you go throughout your day take a dance break and remember…You’re every woman
- At the end of your day do what makes you feel good whether it be a jog in the park, chilling with a good book, running your own sumptuous bubble bath and having the chocolates all to yourself or simply meditating, listening to music or if you really must show the world you can dance
I hope you’ve enjoyed this newsletter and the dance tracks (you can take the girl out of the eighties but not the 80’s out of the girl)
Please feel free to let me know how you get on with the daily love…
And just for fun have a little boogie to ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’
From my heart you yours, with love
www.bepositive.me.uk General Therapy
www.wendyfry.com Love & Relationship Support