I don’t know about you but there have been times in my life when I couldn’t decide if I was indecisive or not and other times when it’s been very clear to me that I need to take a different route or make an alternative choice.
Whether it’s relationships, career prospects, trying the next diet or learning something new only to discover it’s not for you, I want you to know every no is one step closer to a yes.
If something doesn’t work out the way you hoped for all is not lost. Ask yourself the following self-reflection questions for deeper meaning:
- What did I learn from this experience generally?
- What did I learn about myself?
- If I use this experience to work for me, what has it provided me with that I wasn’t clear about before?
- What is the gift in this situation ? – How has what happened actually benefited me?
- How true was I being to myself in that experience?
- What can I do differently next time?
- Using the wisdom from my learning how can I make my next choices more congruent with who I am and what I want?
- When I think about what I want rather than what I don’t want, what are the next actions that will take me closer to my goal?
- Realising every no is one step closer to a yes, what do I know for sure, what haven’t I yet thought of, what is this an opportunity for?
Sometimes we can over complicate a situation by criticising ourselves, our choices, the other person, the experience, heck even the weather and waste valuable time getting caught up in angst and we all know what that feels like.
If you were to draw a line under it, move on, ask yourself the above questions and take a new course of action….what’s the best that can happen?
Remember every no is one step closer to a yes. Begin today by saying yes to you!