In this month’s previous blog posts:
We discovered the benefits of applying The Emotional Freedom Technique when the going gets tough.
This week I offer a lovely exercise to go through which will bring awareness to what’s holding you back in life and love, feel free to adapt the questions if you have say career conflicts, difficulties with neighbours, challenges when it comes to health or finances.
EFT can be used to clear the full range of human emotions and limiting beliefs.
Practical Exercise (15 minutes for Q&A) plus additional time to work through the underlying emotions and beliefs.
Answer the following questions and record your answers in a journal.
If as you work through the questions you feel any uncomfortable emotions coming up, apply EFT. This will support you in dissolving and resolving the emotional overwhelm you may have been carrying, related to different areas of your life and life experiences.
Be patient with yourself, and know that as long as you are tapping and using EFT to shift and change the energy around the things that have been holding you back, progress can be made.
• What negative thoughts, feelings and emotions about love and relationships do you suffer from the most?
• Who or what triggers these thoughts, feelings and emotions the most? (this could be a person, situation or a place)
• List in brief, the top ten most traumatic events that you have experienced related to love and relationships
• Who or what is holding you back from having a loving and a positive relationship?
• What is preventing you from being more loving towards yourself?
• Who from your past are you carrying any anger or resentment towards?
• What limiting negative beliefs do you have about love?
• What limiting negative beliefs do you have about relationships?
• What limiting beliefs do you have about yourself? (i.e. I’m not good enough)
• What positive and empowering beliefs would you like to have about yourself, in love and relationships instead of the above?
When working with clients we explore the underlying emotions to current problems. Often what we may be reacting to in the moment is actually from a past event which felt the same.
To understand more about your limiting beliefs you can download a free chapter about his at www.wendyfry.com or invest in my first book Find YOU, Find LOVE for the full range of love and relationship respurces.
If you’d like some personal support to work through the things which are holding you back from living your life with passion and purpose. Please do make contact with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and discover how my range of services, tools and techniques will support you in getting back on track to being all you can be.
Your life begins to change the day you take responsibility for it – Steve Maraboli