ANT’s – Automatic Negative Thoughts
Take control of those pesky ANT’s and succeed as a writer, author and becoming self-published. What’s the best that can happen?
In yesterdays blog post we talked about ANT’s and how they may be stopping you from succeeding as a writer. Often times we can get into the habit of automatically thinking in negative terms without stepping back from our thoughts to filter through the heart and following our big ‘WHY.’
Why do I want to write and publish my book?
List all the reasons why writing and publishing a book are important to you. Next-
Go back to the blog and record all the ANT’s which are true for you and which get in the way of your why actualising.
You’d be majorly helping yourself to use this series of questions to challenge those ANT’s.
What’s the best that can happen when you re-frame your thoughts to work for you and notice for yourself the benefits of leaving behind the old and brining in the new?
- Am I confusing a thought with a fact when it comes to writing and self-publishing?
- Am I jumping to conclusions about how badly my book or blog will do?
- Am I assuming my view of things is the only one possible and not gathering or researching opinions?
- Do negative thoughts help or hinder me when it comes to writing and self-publishing?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of thinking this way?
- Am I asking questions that have no answers?
- Am I thinking in all or nothing terms?
- Am I using ultimatum words in my thinking?
- Am I telling myself I’m a bad writer and will never succeed as an author because of things that have happened in my past?
- Am I concentrating on my weaknesses and forgetting my strengths?
- Am I blaming other people for something I have control over?
- Am I taking things personally when it comes to having my work edited?
- Am I expecting myself to be perfect?
- Am I using a double standard?
- Am I only paying attention to the negative side of writing and self-publishing?
- Am I overestimating the chance of disaster?
- Am I exaggerating the importance of becoming a published author and having a major deal?
- Am I worrying about the way things ought to be rather than dealing with them as they are and working to change things?
- Am I assuming I can do nothing to change my situation?
- Am I predicting the future negatively when in fact it could be quite positive?
Take control of your ANT’s and become the self-published author you’ve been dreaming of.
Contact me here to make the best that can happen, happen!