Everything is possible…
So many times different people both friends and clients have said to me ‘what if i can’t?’, my answer is always, ‘what if you can?’
Limits exist only in the mind, what we believe to be true becomes an end result or in some cases no result at all.
It’s true to say in life there are often many challenges that come at unexpected times and also the events we know will happen with certainty that we have to prepare for.
Here are just a few examples of where people get stuck in their thinking:
- It’s impossible
- I’m too old
- No one will want me
- I’m not experienced enough
- All my relationships have failed
- I keep attracting the wrong types
- I don’t have the money
- I don’t have the energy
- It’s hopeless
- I can’t do it
I’m sure you get the picture and perhaps by even reading those few short statements your energy has slumped, you feel defeated, negative, unhappy. Words are powerful and it’s the words we say to ourselves inwardly and outwardly that contribute to feeling stuck and often if were’re feeling stuck we take no action because we are in a place of fear often trapped in the past and scared it will repeat itself.
So here are my re-frames I offer when I hear the kinds of complaints above:
- How do you know?
- Compared to whom?
- Where is the evidence of this?
- What can you do to gain the experience you need?
- What have you learnt from these relationships?
- If you were to focus on the ‘right types’ what is the right type for you?
- What other resources are open to you to achieve what you want?
- If you did have the energy what’s the first thing you’d do, how will that one small action benefit you?
- What do you want instead of that feeling of hopelessness?
- Get rid of the T in can’t and you can
It’s an interesting fact to share…
We are not our thoughts though our thoughts will ultimately take us closer to a desired outcome or further away.
So on that note…
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What will this look like, feel like and sound like to you?
- Looking back on how you achieved this how did you do it?
- What advice would your ‘future self’ give you in order to get started?
- If you were to become your own best friend what would you say to yourself which offers support, encouragement and praise along the way?
- What’s one thought, action and deed you can take today which will take you closer to your desire?
Remember you can be, do and have anything you set your mind to and when your thinking tells you otherwise tell it to ‘go and do one!’ or something similar.
You are not your thoughts. You are a magnificent creator and your dreams can be part of your reality and experience.
Begin today acting as if and work backwards…
Happiness, success, love, career progression, whatever it is you want is only ever a thought away