What’s your destination and how are you going to get there?
When you get up in the morning do you have a set routine to start your day? Shower, teeth clean, coffee, breakfast or perhaps you jump out of bed, get dressed in an instant and apply your make up on the train…time being the essence.
Talking of TIME, are you actually enjoying how you spend your time?
Our working life takes up a good portion of our day and we do in fact spend more time with our co-workers than we do our own families.
- Are you going to a place of work that supports your ambitions?
- Is your daily life surrounded by people who support you and who you feel totally connected with?
- Do you feel fulfilled and content at the end of your working day?
- Are you living your life on purpose?
Over the years working as an Emotional Health Consultant so many people share with me that they feel unfulfilled, fed up in their current roles and feel like they are just going through the motions of a nine to five job. On a hamster wheel of trundling along, day in day out with little joy or happiness in what they are doing.
Over 8 years ago although I was relatively happy at my place of employment I felt like something was missing and that I wasn’t using my full potential.
I’d been working part time as a therapist alongside my day job and this is what I wanted to do more of.
The Universe really must have been hearing my wishes as my employed contact came to an end. I could have either sought out another paid position doing a similar role or take a risk and do what my heart’s calling was telling me to do.
I stopped and began to take stock of my life and where I was heading. It’s something that was long over due.
I’m now doing the work I love and so much so it doesn’t ever seem like work.
To wake up every day excited about what the day will bring well there’s no better feeling than that.
Do the work you love and you won’t work a day in your life!
- When was the last time you sat down and actually thought about where you are and where you want to be?
- Take a moment now and reflect on how happy you are doing what you’re doing. On a scale of one to ten, 10 being your absolute happiest. Where are you on that scale?
- If it’s anything less than a 10. What do you need to start doing, stop doing or do differently to get to a 10?
- If you could do anything what would you do?
- If you were to follow your heart, your passion and your dreams acting as if you could not fail how soon would you leave your day job?
- There is no evidence except in your thinking that what you want to do isn’t achievable
Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step – Martin Luther King Jr
My advice to you knowing how quickly time flies and having wasted much of my time being too afraid to take risks, I’m now on the other side of fear and I’m flying and you can too.
Spend some time getting clear on what you want for your future. Take action towards achieving your dreams, it will be worth it!
Will you look back on regrets of all the things you didn’t do when your end is near or will you look back and say, ”I followed my dreams and lived my life on purpose?”
If you need some help in re-evaluating your life. Please do make contact. I offer bespoke programmes and VIP Days to help you get your life back on track www.bepositive.me.uk